The Graduate Student Research Award (GSRA) will promote the development of graduate studies and further contribute to the building of Qatar’s human capital by supporting outstanding graduate students to undertake graduate research-based studies towards Doctoral Degrees at approved institutions within Qatar.
Specifically the awards offered through GSRA will:-
- Develop graduate student capabilities in, and for, Qatar.
- Promote research-based graduate programs and studies.
- Expand the research culture and increase research capacity in Qatar.
- Enhance the creativity and productivity of researchers and academics in Qatari universities, research institutes and teaching hospitals.
- Provide opportunity for faculty/researchers to identify outstanding graduate students that meets their research needs.
- Attract outstanding foreign graduate students to Qatar.
GSRA supports graduate students from inside and outside Qatar, for up to four years, to undertake graduate research-based studies towards Doctoral Degrees at approved Qatari institutions. There are two cycles per year, one in the fall semester and one in the summer semester.
Responsiveness to Challenges
QNRF's GSRA will help ensure continuity of a research-based doctoral education, building awareness of local research opportunities, particularly among Qatari students.
While the primary benefit of this award is to assist in the building human capital, the secondary one is to boost Qatar’s reputation for research by offering graduate students a high-quality education designed to lay down firm foundations in the creation of knowledge-based society.