The management of the awarded grants is fully described in the QNRF Award Management Guide.
During the post award phase of the grants, the Research office of the Awarded Institution has the responsibility of:
- Assigning an Authorized Research Office Representative (AROR) for the Awarded Institution.
- Executing the Fund Management Agreement (FMA) and complying with its terms and conditions and those of the Awarded Institution.
- Submitting and vetting all related post award requirements/changes (change requests, progress and final reports, no cost time extension ...etc.) to QNRF, as applicable, before making any changes to the awarded project.
- Managing the grants while monitoring the performance of projects funded by QNRF on timely manner, submitting progress reports and ensuring adherence to performance goals, to time schedules and other requirements, as appropriate.
- Managing the compensation of research team members, travel, procurement and miscellaneous expenses in accordance with the awarded budget and with the Awarded Institution policies and procedures.
- Handling all legal and administrative issues with the sub-awardees.
- Ensuring continuous communications with the research teams during the project lifetime.
- Ensuring compliance with the applicable laws of the State of Qatar including the policies of the Qatar Supreme Council of Health (QSCH) and applicable laws for the protection of human research subjects through working closely with their institutional review board (IRB), the protection of animal research subjects through their Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and other research activities through their Institutional Bio-safety Committee (IBC).
- Maintain record of all documents relevant to the project costs (all related personnel, travel, equipment and miscellaneous cost documents) which will be subject to audit.
The AROR and Research Office Members are forbidden from taking any research role in any of the awarded grants.
The Management of the NPRP grants is done online through the QNRF Online Submission System (OSS) (https://qnrfsubmission.info). Subsequently, the awarded Lead Principal Investigators (LPI) and relevant Authorized Research Office Representative (AROR) shall use the OSS to respectively submit and vet progress/final reports and change requests.
The following are important highlights about the QNRF grant management policies. Detailed information can be found in the QNRF Award Management Guide :
- The approved budget by QNRF per award year for an awarded project shall not increase.
- Budget changes between award years shall not be allowed.
- The AROR may request changes to research team members, research team efforts, budget categories, institutions, specific aims and timeline.
- The unused budget in any budget category can be transferred from one award year to the same budget category of the consecutive award year.
- "No-Cost Time Extension", may be requested by the AROR.
It is important to mention that several of the above mentioned action/changes to the grants can be directly approved by the Research Office (RO) of the Awarded institution, therefore, we would like to emphasize that RO's right of approval should be exercised appropriately within the premise of ensuring effective execution of the awarded grant and its successful conclusion, while keeping in compliance of the terms and conditions of the Fund Management Agreement (FMA). QNRF reserves the right to request justifications from the RO regarding any approved change request, at anytime during the project duration.
Changes to the budget are allowed in the awarded projects as described below.
- Budget changes include:
- Movement between budget categories
- Movement within the same budget category
- The LPI may transfer, via his/her RO, a cumulative budget amount not exceeding 5% of an award year budget from any budget category to any other budget category within the direct cost part of the budget.
- Budget movements within the same budget category are not subject to the 5% limitation.
- Requests of budget change will be processed if AT LEAST 65% of the Annual approved budget remains administrated INSIDE QATAR.
- Requests of budget change will be processed if AT LEAST 50% of the funded research efforts take place INSIDE QATAR.
- Requests of budget change will be processed if the Annual Indirect cost does not exceed 20% of the Annual direct cost.
- Requests of budget change will be processed if the Annual Miscellaneous cost does not exceed 5% of the total Annual budget.
All changes are subject to RO vetting.
- Vetting process involves:
- Compliance with the Fund Management Agreement (FMA)Terms and Conditions.
- Compliance with report submission deadline.
- Validity of names and statuses of all participants.
- Accuracy of information provided, e.g., accomplishments, efforts, procurement, travel, etc.
- General compliance with institution's rules and regulations, as well as those of QNRF.
- Compliance with ethical requirements, if any.
RO Vetting is performed at QNRF's OSS: https://qnrfsubmission.info
The following research products are required from the projects leaders.
- At the end of the each six months of each Award Year, the LPI shall submit a progress report using the Online Applicant Channel to the Research Office of the Awardee, who in turn shall vet the progress report prior to final submission to QNRF via the Online RO Channel.
- This report should highlight progress made and detailed accomplishments of each specific aim including results obtained, problems or difficulties encountered. The RO shall also include expenditure figures incurred for the budget categories during the reporting period.
- Payment of installment will be tied to acceptance of satisfactory progress reports. Progress Reports will be reviewed to ensure the well progress of the project in addition to compliance with QNRF policies.
- Within 90 calendar days after the end of the project duration, the LPI shall submit a Final Report using the Online Applicant Channel to the Research Office of the Awardee, who in turn shall vet the Final Report prior to final submission to QNRF via the Online RO Channel.
- The Final Report shall include the last six months progress report in addition to special fields related to Final Report requirements.
- The Awardee shall also submit a detailed closeout financial report using the QNRF Online financial template provided on the Online RO Channel. Payment of installment will be tied to acceptance of satisfactory final report. Final Reports will be reviewed to ensure the well completion of the project in addition to compliance with QNRF policies.
- The Awardee is required to submit an electronic copy and two hard copies of each manuscript, publication, or other documented products resulting from the grant.
- The LPI shall submit a Public Report for the general public electronically with the final report. This report is intended as a summary of the project outcome and findings to the public. The LPI should ensure that the report does not contain any confidential, proprietary information; unpublished data that might compromise publishing results in the research literature; or invention disclosures that might affect IP rights. This report will include the following disclaimer:
"This Public Report is published verbatim as submitted by the LPI of this award. The content of this Report is the authors' responsibility and does not necessarily reflect the views of QNRF."
|File Name||File Type||Download|
|Final Financial Template||XLS||Download|
|Award Management Guide||Download|
|QNRF Performance Monitoring System – Procedure and Guidelines||Download|
|Final Report Outline||DOC||Download|
|Consent letter / No objection letter||Download|