The Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS) of 2012 reflects extensive input from Qatar’s research leadership, researchers and other stakeholders. The newly published QNRS 2014 report additionally focusses on Qatar's Grand Challenges with further details in Water Security, Energy Security, Cyber Security and Health.
Qatar will be a leading center for research and development excellence and innovation.
The national research program will be based on inclusiveness and intellectual merit to:
- Develop the capabilities of Qatar’s people and institutions
- Build and maintain a competitive and diversified economy
- Improve the health and social well-being of Qatar’s population
- Support Qatar’s distinctive culture and the security of its people
- Preserve and improve the natural and built environment