As one of QRLP’s tracks, GSRA underpins the journey of building human capital by supporting outstanding prospective students to undertake graduate research-based studies that will help them pursue doctoral degrees at approved institutions inside Qatar or elsewhere.
Specifically, the awards offered through QRLP-GSRA will:
- Promote research-based graduate programs and studies,
- Attract talented students to pursue research as a career path,
- Expand Qatar's research culture and increase its research capacity,
- Enhance the creativity and productivity of researchers and academics in universities, research institutes, and teaching hospitals in Qatar,
- Train the next generation of scientists, with a special emphasis on fulfilling the QNRS,
- Attract outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to contribute to Qatar’s research mission from within the country,
- Develop elite human capital to achieve Qatar’s research and development mission,
- Provide financial support for graduate education towards the completion of a research-based graduate degree in Qatar or elsewhere.
QRLP-GSRA supports outstanding graduate candidates by offering them competitive scholarships to undertake research-based graduate studies towards master’s and doctoral degrees at both local and international approved institutions. Graduate candidates must develop and implement research projects that
(a) address scientific questions relevant to Qatar’s research mission, strategy, and grand challenges, and
(b) broaden participation in Qatar’s research ecosystem.
- Qatari nationals
- Applicant of Qatari mothers
- Qatari document holders
- Individuals married to Qatari nationals
- Born in Qatar and been residents of Qatar for 10 years or more
- Residents of Qatar for 12 years or more
- Academic profile: A minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent
- Research areas: Linked to Qatar National Research Strategy mentioned in appendix 1 of GSRA RFA.
- Age: not exceeding 35 for MSc. Students and 38 for PhD students
- Institution: Local institutions with approved research offices and approved graduate programs. International institutions must be included on the HEI list of approved universities
For more details about the eligibility criteria, please read the RFP document available on the download center.
Responsiveness to Challenges
QRLP-GSRA will help ensure continuity of a research-based doctoral education, building awareness of local research opportunities, particularly among local students.
While the primary benefit of this award is to assist in the building human capital, the secondary one is to boost Qatar’s reputation for research by offering graduate students a high-quality education designed to lay down firm foundations in the creation of knowledge-based society.