QRLP-GSRA supports outstanding graduate candidates by offering them competitive scholarships to undertake research-based graduate studies towards masters and doctoral degrees at both local and international institutions. Graduate candidates must develop and implement research projects that
(a) address scientific questions relevant to Qatar’s research mission, strategy, and its foremost challenges
(b) contribute to the development of Qatar’s research ecosystem
GSRA supports graduate candidates to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to become future research and development leaders in Qatar. It provides competitive sponsorships to undertake research-based graduate studies towards masters or doctoral degrees through two tracks; GSRA local and GSRA international.
For both tracks, up to four years of financial support will be granted for doctoral study, and up to two years of financial support for masters degree study.
- Local Track: QRLP- GSRA supports Qatari nationals, non-Qatari children of Qatari mothers, Qatari document holders, individuals married to Qatari nationals, and residents of Qatar for 5 years or more with valid residencies valid residency permit.
- International Track: GSRA international track only accepts Qatari nationals and children of Qatari mothers.
- The candidate's age should not exceed 30 years at the time of submission deadline for both tracks.
- Local Track Research Area: The research plan must be related to an active QNRF grant.
- International Track Research Area: The study program should be in areas representing national priorities for Qatar, as outlined in the research focus areas in appendix 5.
- Local Track: GSRA local candidates should submit acceptance letters from institutions inside Qatar with approved research offices and graduate programs.
- International Track: GSRA international track candidates should submit a full or provisional acceptance letter from an approved international institution in Al-Amiri list in addition to the
mother campuses of Education City partner universities.
- The approved universities are listed in Appendix 1 in GSRA RFA.
For more details about the eligibility criteria, please read the RFP document available on the download center.
Responsiveness to Challenges
QRLP-GSRA will help ensure continuity of a research-based doctoral education, building awareness of local research opportunities, particularly among local students.
Through this program, QNRF aims to connect the graduate-sponsored students with awarded QNRF grants to ensure that the students will receive appropriate mentoring and training in a research area addressing Qatar’s needs. Moreover, while the primary benefit of this award is to build the local human capital and train our future scientific and academic leadership, the secondary one is to boost Qatar’s reputation as a leading capital of innovative and impactful research solving the foremost local, regional, and global challenges.