Objective of NPRP-ROIA
The objective of the ROIA is to help implement the research outcomes, findings, or solutions generated via NPRP projects (both standard and cluster tracks, in addition to NPRP-EP) that demonstrate implementable outcomes. The aim is to bridge the gap between research, on one hand, and societal and economical uptake on the other. As such, the benefits of the awards would include:
- Moving research findings further down the socio/economic value chain and accelerating their implementation
- Maximizing the return on investment of QNRF to domains beyond academic and scientific ones
- Engaging the end-users to benefit from the research-outcomes and instilling a wider stakeholding culture
- Promote the adoption of research-based public policies, national standards and specifications, tools, and so forth.
The Research Outcome Implementation Award (ROIA) is a funding mechanism with the sole purpose of realization, implementation, or deployment of the outcomes of NPRP projects having clear societal impact or benefits. The main audience of the NPRP-ROIA are LPIs (or their assignees) of projects whose research projects have produced tangible outcomes that have a significant societal and economic impact, and identifiable beneficiaries.
As such, the main features of NPRP-ROIA proposals are as follows:
- Completed NPRP projects with tangible outcomes of significant societal or economic potential
- Demonstrated potential for implementation or deployment
- Engagement of a relevant and prominent end-user
- Clear path/plan of implementation
Each award is up to 100,000 USD for a duration up to twelve months.