Qatar National Research Fund’s (QNRF) mission is to advance knowledge and education by supporting original and competitively selected research across all scientific fields, with an emphasis on the following four pillars of the Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS):
- Energy and Environment
- Computer Science and ICT
- Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
To complement its vision of fostering a research culture in Qatar, QNRF has introduced the Researchers Exchange and Mobility Program (REMP). The purpose of this grant is to support graduate students and employees in gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to build research collaborations to spur strong economic growth. REMP also focuses on encouraging graduate students to tackle and overcome the global challenges confronting the sciences. This program will encourage partnerships by providing rewarding experiences to applicants. During the program, applicants will undertake a research experience opportunity abroad.
- Expand Qatar's research culture and increase its research capacity.
- Enhance the creativity and productivity of researchers and academics in Qatar.
- Bridge the gap between academia and the private sector.
- Train the next generation of researchers, with special emphasis on fulfilling QNRF’s Research Focus Areas.
- Create a platform for building collaborations between different institutes, both in Qatar and abroad.
- Expose candidates to international research experience and private sector experience, as well as enhancing R&D employability skills.
- Expose candidates to the culture and mindset of international counterparts and institutions.
Applicants for the REMP must be:
- Nationality: Qatari or Resident of Qatar with a valid resident permit.
- Enrolled in a graduate academic program
- Employed in a local research institute with a terminal degree
less than two years of experience
- Research Areas: Training objectives must be aligned with QNRF research focus areas
- Institution: Application submission should be through local institutions with approved research offices.
For more details about the eligibility criteria, please read the RFP document available on the download center.